A BUS
Since Joseph was "free" last week, he took a morning to take Alex on the city bus with him. Alex loves watching Daddy get on the bus everyday to go to school, so this was super fun for him. They rode to the library downtown and read books, played on the playground and had fun treats. Alex did not want to get off that bus when they got home.

A Rocket Pop. Yum!

A BOAT
Alex (Mr. future scuba diver) got to ride his first boat last Saturday. We got to go out with our dear friends, Jason and Jami Brinton, and man did we have a blast. It says a lot for how fun your 2 year old is having when he was more exhausted than I have ever seen him from earlier events of the day, and yet still found energy to giggle and be wowed at the boat and all the water. He even got to see a water snake while we were out.
Rebakah liked the boat best when it was going really fast and had lots of bumps. Crazy girl! She did not like the life vest at all, but doesn't she look cute in it?!
I just have to say . . . look at those muscles on my man!! :) Joseph got to try Wake Boarding and I thought he did great! I can't wait to try when we go out again later in the summer! These are the boys sitting on the back of the boat just testing the waters.
Back at at the dock . . . all of us thoroughly windblown and very refreshed. It was a beautiful day. We had soooooo much fun and we can't wait to do it again.
On Saturday, Alex had to say goodbye to his best best buddy Julia. It was so sad to me. The McCords are moving to Idaho in June and we left on Monday for Arizona for the summer, so this was their last moment together hugging goodbye. We have now been in AZ for almost 3 days and I think Alex has asked to see Julia at least 3 times every day. We told him tonight that we are going to the museum tomorrow and his response was, "And Julia can go to the museum too!" Kristi and I often met at the Iowa Children's museum, so he relates it to her. I think he has been a little sad without his friends here and it just breaks my heart. Thank heavens we have a pool in our complex that can distract him a little, but he still just misses his friends. Btw, I have no idea why this is underlined and I can't get it to go away. :)
Btw again . . . we are LOVING it here in AZ!!! It is so pretty here, everyone is so nice and there is so much to do. We have been in the pool every day at least 1-2 times per day and Alex just has no fear AT ALL of the water. More updates to come on our AZ transition.
11 comments:
How fun to go on a bus and boat ride! Miss you already!
WOW... I forgot that you are in AZ for the summer! How fun! :O)
Cute hair btw!!! :O)
YAY ARIZONA!!! you know it has just made my YEAR having you guys here (and not just for the babysitting I promise!!) See you tomorrow!!!
Hi, this is Joe's cousin Kristin. Welcome to Phoenix! We love it here as well (until it gets to be over 110 degrees, then it's just too hot!)
We'd love to have you guys over for dinner at our house while you are here. I think you have my email address, so if you don't, let me know.
Yay! Glad you made it to Arizona okay and that you are already liking it there! Looks like you guys had a fun last few days back at home and I love the cute story about Alex and his little girlfriend! That is too sweet! Anyways, can't wait to see you soon!!!
As I was reading your post I was thinking, "Ummm, ok, it's Thurs. today, aren't they in AZ??" ...got my answer and WELCOME to the West SIDE!! I'm so glad that you guys made it here with hopefully no problems, guess I'll have to wait for that post...;0)
I'm jealous that you guys have already been boating this summer AND that both your kids went with you! HOW FUN! I keep waiting for Mark and Kari to get a boat, too bad she already posted and will probably never read this, but I can still wish!!! I'm sure you're missing you peps in Iowa, but at least you are somewhere with people that can fill in for the next couple of weeks and then BOO-YAH...OFF TO CALI!!!! Can't wait till I can say, "See you tomorrow!!"
That's adorable. We will all miss the McCords.
WHAT!!!! I thought you weren't moving until later?? So you will not make the reunion! That just stinks! Okay, done whining.
Love ya anyway!
Lindsey
I'm so sad that you're in AZ right now and I can't make it out there! We're so close and I'd love to come see your little family and just hang out a little. I guess my belly comes first... or what's in my belly... but I keep trying to think of ways to make it work. Probably not though. I guess you'll just have to make a trip to good ol' Vegas while you're out West! =)
And I got your email about pictures and I haven't heard back yet from my sisters (Annie takes pics too and is quite good!). But I'll let you know when I do.
Well, I hope you keep enjoying your stay. How long are you all there for??
We miss you guys... and are so jealous of the pool! Twice a day? Lucky ducks. Alex continues to ask about Boo-Boo. I had to show him on a map where AZ was.
It makes me sad to see the little kids saying "goodbye" to eachother. Sniff, sniff! Cute haircut. Enjoy AZ! :)
Post a Comment