The best way I can describe what these ladies are like is by reiterating what Sister Barbara Thompson of the General Relief Society Presidency said:
"Sisters, now more than ever, we need women to step up and be strong. We need women who declare the truth with strength, faith, and boldness. We need women to set an example of righteousness. We need women to be “anxiously engaged in a good cause.”19 We need to live so that our lives bear witness that we love our Heavenly Father and the Savior Jesus Christ and that we will do what They have asked us to do. We need to rescue “all that is finest down deep inside of [us]”20 so that as daughters of God we can do our part to build the kingdom of God. We will have help to do this. As Joseph declared, “If you live up to your privileges, the angels cannot be restrained from being your associates.”21
Let us bear one another’s burdens, mourn with those who mourn, comfort those who stand in need of comfort, and thus keep the covenants we have made.22
We are most blessed. The Savior stands at the head of this Church. We are led by living prophets, seers, and revelators. We have the holy scriptures to read, study, and gain answers for our daily lives. We have holy temples throughout the world where we can obtain the ordinances necessary to help us return to our Heavenly Father. And we have one another to help us.
I see “the image of God engraven upon [the] countenances”23 of you good women . . . . I hear of your good deeds and remarkable dedication. I see the Light of Christ reflected in your eyes."
Pictured left to right (Chelsea, Heather, me, and Kristi). I love them for so many things . . . their faith, their testimonies, their love of the Lord . . . their friendship, their giggles, their willingness, their talents, their mischeviousness (Chelsea), their 'catch-you-0ff-guard' sassiness (Kristi), their adorable shyness and yet ability to make friends with everyone (Heather) . . . . and so so so many other things. I am filled with such a huge empty space knowing that I won't meet with them almost every week, or send a gazillion emails back and forth, or stay up way too late with them because we get to chatting about things at our meetings. :)
I love you girls more than a fat kid loves cake . . . and that is a lot a lot. Thanks for everything and I will miss you . . .especially you who are leaving us for Texas and Idaho.
5 comments:
Oh Heidi, I love you. I know that you girls will always be friends. I'm sure they are amazing, and hope that YOU know, how amazing YOU are! I hope you get a new calling soon to occupy a little of you emptiness. I'm sure you'll be busy as a single mother now with Joseph SUPER SUPER busy!!
I love you too! You were such a wonderful person to work with and the best president I could imagine. No one knows how much work, energy, time, and love you put into your calling. It was such a great time and experience, I'll treasure it forever and miss everyone so much!
Hey...where's my ode?
Just kidding.
Oh Heidi...don't get me crying. You are SO sweet and SO wonderful. It was so great to be able to serve with you. I just love your little guts and can't tell you what an example you have been to me. You did such an amazing job in your calling. Thanks for putting up with me :). You will be missed.
You're so sweet. I loved getting to know you and the crew. I just wish we'd done more together. It was a ton of fun. Sorry for my blatant honesty (sometimes I'm not very tactful).
Post a Comment