We had a weekend full of fun nights out. Kaitlyn had to miss the action, but she her cuteness cannot go un-blogged.
On Friday night Joseph and Alex got to go on a Father/Son Campout with our ward. They had a blast. I am excited for them to continue to do this in the future. It doesn't get much better than one on one time between a father and his son.
 |
| I love these boys. |
 |
| They sat up late and read A LOT of snake books. Alex probably knows more about snakes than any other 4 year in the world. Seriously. :) |
 |
| Ready for a hike with his walking stick. |
 |
| Holding his miniature super heroes on their hike. They weer hunting for Eastern Diamonback Rattlesnakes. Go figure. |
 |
| They also looked under lots of rocks to see if they could see a rattlesnake.....from a safe distance of course. |
 |
| The day after the campout (Sunday afternoon) he spent nearly 2 HOURS drawing rattlesnake after rattlesnake trying his best to get it just how he wanted it. He also lined up all of his snake books from the library, opened to his favorite pages, for help on how they ought to look. You can see the pile of discarded drafts on the rocking chair behind him. :) |
Then on Saturday night Rebekah and I got to get all dolled up and go to a baby shower....or a "party," which is what Rebekah called it. I painted her toe and fingernails just like mine (purple). I did her hair up in a twist and we put a party dress on her. She even got some lip gloss and a little squirt of my perfume. :) She was in heaven...so was I. I can't wait to continue to do this as she grows. I love my Rebekah time. At one point during the shower, when we were eating "treats," she looked up at me, put her hand on my cheek and said, "I love you mommy." It melted my heart.
 |
| Look at her face. Love her. |
 |
| LOVE HER! |
 |
| Ready to go. |
And little Kaitlyn couldn't be cuter in Rebekah's Tutu, lounging on the cushions inspecting the yarn....and taking steps!!!
 |
| She just went over and did this on her own. Don't you just want to pick her up and squish her!? :) Or is that just me? |
 |
| Man I love this little baby girl. |
This video really doesn't showcase her walking very well, but every time we get the camera out she gets too excited and just won't walk much. She is getting braver and braver and sometimes we catch her walking half way across a room with no one on the other end to catch her. Pretty soon she'll be chasing her siblings around. And PS, she got 4 new teeth over the last 3 weeks!!! She now has 10 teeth!
4 comments:
Cute Kids! How fun. I love during the video how the other kids started crying in the middle. Seems familiar to me...
How fun!! What fun memories! You are always doing such cute fun things! You are the best mom!
I LOVE your girls night! And she looks so so beautiful and sweet! And of course so do you. And I can't believe little Alex's determination and focus. He's going to be some smart and productive boy and man!!
I can't believe I never commented on this one! I thought I did because I know I looked at it before my trip.
It's so awesome they got to do a camp out together. Alex looks so happy to be with his Daddy and I love this kids obsessions! He is about ten steps ahead of every other kid his age with his desire for knowledge. I love it!
I LOVE the pictures of you painting Rebekah's nails, she is just so sweet! And Kaitlyn's tutu and walking. Adorable!!
Post a Comment