Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Missing Easter Bunny

For the sake of remembering what lame parents we are....this year the Easter bunny went missing in our house. Not that I am really that into the Easter bunny anyway, but nonetheless, he went missing. I don't know about anyone else out there, but Easter celebrations are hard for us. We just can't decide what to do with this holiday. It is most important to us that our kids know that Easter is for the celebration of the Resurrection of the Savior, Jesus Christ. So, that means we just still don't know how we want to balance out the baskets, egg hunts, and candy, and still make sure our kids understand why we celebrate Easter.

We have friends who do a Spring Bunny and do egg hunts and baskets the Sunday after Easter. On Easter, they talk about the Savior and have a nice family dinner. It's not only a good idea for keeping Easter Sunday for what it is, but also for saving money. You get all the goodies super cheap this way. That was our plan this year, but then I got strep and pink eye, so I never got around to it, and we just decided to forget it. The kids had gotten enough candy at Aunt Kim's house on Easter Sunday anyway. :)

We also know people who do baskets and egg hunts on Saturday, the day before Easter. I like that idea too.

We also know people who do egg hunts Saturday, and then just try to keep the Sunday Easter baskets simple and have something in them that relates to the resurrection of Christ.

I like all of these ideas. We just can't decide. Until we do though, our kids may continue to suffer from deprivation of Easter fun.

Anyway, so this year, we took full advantage of living near my sister Kim, and went to her house for a delicious Easter dinner. We did a nice little family egg hunt in the backyard, and spent time with family. It was really nice....and my kids got enough candy to last them months. Thanks Kim for providing a wonderful Easter Sunday for us!! You are invited to Phoenix for Easter next year as long as you provide all the candy again. :) 
Just before loading in the car for church on Easter Sunday. 


My kids are so cooperative

The egg hunt. 

Jayden. I love the look on his face. 

Counting.


My sister has the best backyard. I know because my kids ask to go to her house at least 5 days a week. 

2 comments:

Sheila said...

The girls' dresses are SO CUTE!! And I forgot how much I love that red dress on you! You wore that when you received your endowment!!!

Liesl Joy said...

I just love their dresses too! The white bow on Bekahs side and the flower hair pretties. You must have made those! I love the face Alex is making, pulling down on his eye. They're so lucky they got to go to Auntie Kims house!