For me, it started on Saturday when Joseph helped me to make time to clean out van. You may think it strange, but this was a BIG Mother's Day gift for me. I don't even think Joseph realizes it. :) There are few things that calm my stresses as much as a clean vehicle. After we cleaned it all out, we rearranged the car seats and were able to fit all three of them in the back seat. It is awesome! It gives us so much more room and makes Kaitlyn SO happy. When we set her in her seat for the first time, she just kept looking back and forth from Alex to Rebekah and giggling. We didn't tell them to do this by the way. They just did it on their own.
Then we headed out to Alex's soccer group, tried to fly a kite (unsuccessfully again), and played on the playground with Amber and Cory and Harrison. After which we all went to CAFE RIO (originally just a Utah place) together. Sigh....it was better than I even remembered. Definitely, hands down, my all time favorite casual place to eat. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I wish I would have taken pictures there.
So then, our usually tradition is to get ice cream after soccer, but we were hoping they would forget since we had gone to a restaurant. No such luck. Kids are like elephants. They never forget. We usually just head to McD's or Dairy Queen for their cheap $1 cones....this time, it being the last soccer of the season (since we got our money back), we decided to take the kids to Cold Stone. No Sheila...I didn't get anything! UGH!! Can you believe it?! Stupid Biggest Loser.
Anyway, if any of you know Alex well, you will be surprised to see anything but vanilla ice cream in his hand. However, let the record show...he got something else! ONLY Cotton Candy ice cream could have lulled this kid away from his precious vanilla....and check out that grin.
| Pretty sure Kaitlyn is in heaven...she inherited my tenacious sweet tooth. |
| The cotton candy choice for this chica did not surprise me at all. She always goes for the good stuff. :) |
Joseph, in his usual creative fashion, sent me on a bananagram scavenger hunt. I had to solve the puzzle to know my present. I love his gifts.
2 comments:
My heart DROPPED when I read my NAME in your post!!! I'm so special...like a movie star or something now!! COOL!! And GOOD JOB NOT EATING ANYTHING AT COLD STONE!!! Okay, it's on, I'm going to do better the rest of this week, no more cheating!!! FOR REALS!!!!!
Aside from that, what an awesome hubby you have...you guys are so cute, he's so cute, you guys are perfect together!! And a day off...AWESOME!! Great gifts, they mean the most and don't cost a thing!!!
I just love the picture with the kids all holding hands in the back seat. That must have been so exciting for Kaitlyn! Alex is going to make an awesome husband one day if he can keep those listening skills about what presents you want. He is just so sweet as is your hubby! I love how happy icecream makes kids. What would we do with out it?!
Post a Comment