My wonderful selfless kind patient and brave husband stayed home with the kids for 4 whole days while my sister Kim and I and Megan hopped in a truck and drive to Ohio to meet up with my sisters Tammy and Steph and their families for the biggest Harry Potter bash/girls weekend ever. SO. FUN. I missed my kids and my hubby lots and lots, but have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed sleeping as late as I wanted to, staying up as late as I wanted to, and pretty much doing whatever I wanted to with no nap or eating schedule to adhere to. Good times. I also have to admit though, that there were many many times when I just did not know what to do with myself. How on earth did I fill my time before kids?
Most of my family loves Harry Potter and being that the last movie was coming out, we all lived relatively close, my niece needed senior pictures, and we needed some sister time.....it was the perfect time to get together. We had a blast. Pictures for proof.....
 |
| Making Acid Pops |
 |
| Snake Bread |
 |
| My niece Emmy and I got matching t-shirts. She let me borrow her time turner and a wand. Yeah, so what if I am turning 31 this year. |
 |
| I look evil....or confused...or something?? |
 |
| We forgot to take pics of the main dinner food. We had Bat Wings (Chicken Wings), Snake Bread, Toad in a Hole (a traditional English Sausage dish), peas, Corn on the Cob, and I think that was it. For dessert...Pumpkin Pasties, Licorice Wands, Pretzel Wands, |
 |
| Cauldron Cakes, Hagrid's Eyeballs, Dragon Snot, Acid Pops, and Jelly Slugs. |
 |
| Most of the crew that went to the midnight showing...Two muggles, Professor Trelawny, and a bunch of Hogwarts students. |
 |
| My sister Steph and her husband Tim went as Muggles. :) Love it. |
 |
| At the theatre there, they hire people to dress up as characters from the books. This is their Snape. Pretty good likeness eh? |
 |
| They had the Hogwarts Express at the theater. Awesome. |
 |
| Not to mention the Sorting Hat |
 |
| Fortune Telling. ha! |
 |
| In our seats and counting down the minutes. These are my adorable nieces. Miss you girlies! |
 |
| The girls again with my sister. |
 |
Me and Em could hardly contain ourselves.
|
 |
| On our last day there, we went biking all over Westerville, Ohio. From home, to the dam, to Innis Woods Park, to downtown Westerville for Graeters Ice Cream, and then home again. This is overlooking the dam near her house. So gorgeous. |
 |
| My maiden name is Swallow, so we all love these amazing mud Swallow's nests built over the dam. |
 |
| Me and two of my sistas, Steph and Tammy |
 |
| Jaime and Sara, Tammy's husband and oldest daughter. |
 |
| The biking crew. |
6 comments:
That picture of is not confused, or scary...just. plain. sexy!!!!
What a super fun sisters weekend, love that you got to do it!! LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY!!!
I meant, confused, or evil...
I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one that LOVES Harry Potter. Did you take the survey that Nathan posted on our blog?
So so so so jealous. What fun!! I still haven't seen it. Man you Swallows know how to party! And I agree with Sheila, you look SEXY! 31 going on insanely awesome!
Heidi! The picture of you is not scary or confused, you look AMAZING! We miss you all so much and hope that you are doing well. If we every visit my family in AZ we will definitely look you all up.
Did you bring home any of that snake bread for Alex? I bet he would have LOVED that! I love yours and Emily's shirts, I agree with your friends, you do look amazing! I really want to try those pumpkin pasties, they look sooo good! Everything looks like so much fun, wish I could have been there!
Post a Comment