Today was a day I knew would come, but still hoped it wouldn't. We were at the shoe store and Alex had found a piece of tubing that looked somewhat like a cigarette. He was crying because this tubing had jabbed the roof of his mouth when he tripped. When I asked him why he had it in his mouth, he simply said, "It's my smoker." My heart dropped.
I asked him some questions about where he has seen that and if he knows what it does. We had a good conversation about how smoking/tobacco destroys your body and we also talked about the Word of Wisdom and keeping our bodies clean like temples. I didn't make a big deal of it and then we moved on with life....but man was it sad to see my little boy growing up.
There is another new post below this one....with pictures. :)
1 comment:
oh, I hated that day. We didn't have a big problem with Laney but then there was Ally. Oh, Ally. One of our good friends unfortunately smokes and our kids LOVE him. We had the whole talk and how it makes you stink and makes your insides sick and she still pretended. Then she had a friend whose grandparents on both sides smoke so he introduced it again. It is such a hard concept to teach them and how there are good people that do it and you can love them but just don't do what they do. Raising kids is definitley hard....hmm, and I'm sure that is only the beginning of those sorts of things. I hope your move is going well and you are all doing well.
Love you! Write me an e if you have a moment and let me know your address and stuff!
Post a Comment