| Tough guys |
| I just think the variations of push ups here is hilarious. |
| Another one of his favorite things is to kick the bags. He looooves this. |
Most people wonder why one kid has a black belt with a white stripe instead of just a white belt like all the other little guys. The school does a program where you can sign up for the Leadership Track. From what I understand, you put your kid on a track to black belt leadership and all of your belts will be the normal belt color rank striped with black in it. The funniest part about this little guy is that he is the silliest one in the class! :) It cracks us up.
Sorry about the sideways video for the first half. The second half is Alex reciting the Student Oath. The students have to memorize it in order to earn their school patch for their uniform. Alex was all about that. He looooooves stuff like that.
Jumping ahead in time a bit, yesterday his school put on what is called Master Karstadt's Kick-A-Thon. We found people who were willing to sponsor Alex in a charity kicking event where people can pledge to sponsor, for example, 5 or 10 cents per kick that Alex can complete in 20 minutes. All the money that is made goes toward the purchase of Thanksgiving dinners for needy families. Joseph was kind enough to take the packet to work and ask for pledges there. Master Karstadt said the little guys usually do about 200-300 kicks in their 20 minute slot, so we decided to pledge 10 cents per kick as did some of our sponsors. Well, yesterday was the Kick-a-thon day. Alex was to kick from 10:00 am to 10:20 am. Joseph was his counter and the girls and I cheered him on. At about 3 minutes before his time was up we went over near him and really cheered and clapped to encourage him. I whispered to Joseph..."Where is he at?" Joseph mouthed to me, "about 1100." WHAT?!?!?! Ummmm, I think we had better change our pledge! He ended up doing 1223 kicks total! He was so excited and we were, of course, beaming with pride. When Master Karstadt asked him if he was tired he said, "No. I'm fine." :) ha! I'd be tired. I think we'll tell the attorney from Joseph's law firm that he can change his pledge too. :) On Monday Joseph is going to take Alex to his office in his Taekwon Do uniform to hand out thank you cards. It should be fun. Then, the day before Thanksgiving we'll all go to the TKD school and fill boxes of food to take to the families in need. What a great way to give back. We really like his school! Here is a photo from Joseph's camera of Alex while he was doing his kicks. Blurry....but cute. I wish I had had my camera to get a video. The energy in the room was palpable.

5 comments:
That is so cool! I think Spencer would love that!
Ok, that has got to be the cutest thing I've ever seen! I'm so glad you posted this. He is SO GOOD at it too! You can tell that teacher is really good just from the video. Love it, love it, love it!
That is so cool! Way to go Alex!! What a little stud! I'm sure Zach and Kali would love to do this... if it didn't cost a million bucks out here!!
Oh my heck! I love the video of him repeating the student oath! So adorable! He is just so dang cute! Tell him he looks like the best one in his class and the most focused. He's gonna be a black belt in no time at all!
Holy Cow!!! That kid's a kicking machine! Wow! About a 1000 kicks more than average. He's an over-achiever. Also, of all the kids in the video and the picture of the push-ups, Alex has the BEST form! Way to go Alex!
Post a Comment