Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thirty One

Monday, the 14th, was my 31st Birthday. Joseph and the kids made it a very special day for me. Joseph stayed home an extra hour and a half to make us a great breakfast and even did the dishes before he left! He, once again, left a riddle on my mirror that led to clue after clue so that I could find my presents. He is so thoughtful and really goes the extra mile to think of something meaningful for me every single birthday! The kids decorated my room with balloons while I was at my kickboxing class that morning as well. Joseph also left work a bit earlier than usual so we were able to go out to eat at a fun restaurant called, "My Big Fat Greek Restaurant." So good. We finished the night off by getting the kids some Cold Stone...they love the Cotton Candy ice cream there. Then we went home, found my presents and I opened presents from the kids. They wrote me the sweetest notes, drew some pictures, and even got me my favorite cereals, Grape Nuts, and Golden Grahams. :) After the kids went to bed, Joseph and I stayed up and ate the most heavenly pumpkin pie I have ever tasted and watched a movie. My friends Candace and Karen, from my ward, were sweet enough to bring us that pie just before we went to dinner. I adore pumpkin pie. I really do. All in all, it was a great birthday. 
This is outside of My Big Fat Greek Restaurant in the plaza right by where Joseph works. You can't see it in this picture, but his building is pretty my right behind us and to the right a bit.
Inside of Cold Stone...which is also in the same area as the restaurant. 
 
This little girl was in ice cream heaven. She actually purposely made that face...it isn't like a half smile or something. She is gettin' some sass.

Rebekah, of course, wanted the pink ice cream. 

 
Alex was sooooo excited to give me those Golden Grahams!
 
I am reading the note they gave me. It said, "Dear Mommy, these are the things we love about you:  - You are beautiful - You are smart - You make food taste good - You are funny - You keep the house clean - You play with us - You read to us - You teach us why God is special and why Jesus is special - How good you make the dinners and the foods you make for us. We love you! Happy Birthday!" Joseph claims they told him all those things....I think he may have manipulated the one about keeping the house clean. :)

6 comments:

Tawnya said...

Looks like a fun birthday!

nathan n rachel said...

Happy B-day Heidi! I can't believe how big those kiddos are getting. :)

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! And whatever--kids totally appreciate all you do to keep the house clean :) mine better anyway....

Hilary said...

Feliz aniversario minha amiga! (Remember how we have the same birthday? Awesomeness.)

Liesl Joy said...

You look so amazing!! Your hair has gotten so much longer since I saw you last summer, it's seems blonder, so pretty. I love the looks on Alex and Rebekah's faces when you're opening the cereal. They just adore you! I can't wait to see your family again, and get to know Kaitlyn's Sass! Love you!

Stephany said...

Sounds like an awesome birthday! You are very blessed to have such a sweet husband and kids to make your day so special. You turned 29 again, right?