Wednesday, September 19, 2007

First Steps . . . ALREADY!!

Monday was a momentous day in the Miller household. Alex took his first step. When he did it Joseph and I were like two kids on Christmas morning. It was hilarious! Then on Tuesday he took 4 steps and today 5 WHOLE STEPS . . . and I got it on video. YES! He will only be 10 months old this Friday, so we were SO surprised that he did it so soon. When I called my sister today to tell her what he did, she goes, "Wow, I am so surprised, I mean he is such a chunk, I can't believe he can do it!" BRAT!! Just kidding Liesl, I know you said that with lots of love. :o) I think his inspiration came from one of 3 places . . .

1: My sister Kim egging him on all the time because she can't wait until I have to chase him all over the house while he destroys everything in his path.
2: Some genes from my little brother Joshua, who walked at 9 1/2 months.
OR
3: Watching his buddy Alex C. running all over the place and therefore creating a deep desire to be able to keep up with him.

Then again, I guess there is one other option . . . he is just about the coolest little kid in the world! Here's the proof:

6 comments:

Stacy said...

What a big boy! It's so fun to see them start walking! It's been so long... I want my kids to stop and sit with me a while!! Cute cute!

Jen said...

Wow! I can't believe it! He is going to be walking in no time! How fun!

Kim Butler said...

My Dearest Little Tummy,

I am SOOOOO proud of you! What a big boy you are. Before you know it you will be running everywhere and ohhhh, how fun it will be to watch Mommy and Daddy chase you. I can't wait. We will need that event on film also. I have waited so long for this and you are doing such a great job of fulfilling my dream!

I love you Tummy,
Auntie Kimmy

Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...

WOW! Yeah for Alex! Congrats! That is so exciting. And hey, no worries about the "chunk" comment, he is just perfect! Hope all is well with the Miller family!

Stacy said...

Also, you've been tagged again... 10 Random Things...

Sheila said...

Oh yay!! What a big boy!! Good job getting it on video Heidi, gotta catch all the memories!! I love modern tech. especially because now I get to see all of his firsts too!