Monday, September 17, 2007

Niabi Zoo and Stuff

Last Friday Alex and I went with Nicole and Alex C. and met a whole bunch of other moms and kids from the ward at the Niabi Zoo. It was about an hour drive and so worth it! We had a blast. I think Alex's and my favorite part was the petting part of the zoo. I have to say that for such a small zoo, it was fantastic! They had so many animals and it was really a nice place. They even had a little train that you only had to pay $1.50 for and it took you all over the zoo. Oh, and the best part was that it was free to get in! We had such a fun time and the only thing that could have made it better would have been if Daddy would have been with us.
He loved loved loved feeding the goats and everytime they would start to lick the wheat out of his hand, he would giggle. I tried to get it on video, but of course everytime I took a video he wouldn't laugh. Stinker. It's like they know you are trying to record a moment in history. Aw well, the picture will have to do.
This is us on the train. He looks worried in this picture, but he really did like it! He was going, "ooohhhhhh," most of the time. So cute!

I also just had to share the toilet paper experience I had today with Alex. So he decided that he didn't want to nap very much today and I really wanted to take a shower. Him waking up wayyyy to early meant that I didn't have time to even brush my hair much less put on a little makeup after my shower. So, I decided that I needed just 10 minutes without being interrupted, and this was the result . . . 10 minutes of free uninterrupted time for me, 10 minutes of glory for Alex, 1 minute clean-up . .. SO WORTH IT! :o)

3 comments:

Reuben Ortega said...

I love the toilet paper picture!! and I totally agree that some days it is worth it to let them run wild so you can have a uninterrupted moment!

Stacy said...

We've been wanting to go there, since my brother is living in Davenport! We were actually talking about going last weekend, but alas Jaren, Ed and Eden all had bad colds! BLAH! Looks like you had fun!

Sheila said...

What a fun day at the Zoo and free?? What a deal!! Wish we coulda been there with you! Justin has yet to ride a train (mommy's way too stingy) I guess we'll have to splurge one of these times.