Sunday, September 02, 2007

Law School v. Nursery

I'm not sure yet which is harder. Heidi and I were recently called as nursery leaders, and, as you can tell from the title of this post, this calling has caused me to ask some very searching questions.

During the week I make it home an hour or two before Alex goes to bed so that I can play with him and have dinner with the family. When that is over, that's it. That's not so tough, even when I'm tired from studying. On the weekends, however, I am wiped out by noon and asking myself, "How does Heidi do this every day?"

Today was my first day as a primary leader with Heidi. We have about 10 kids between the ages of 18 months and 2 years for only two hours. There are two other leaders besides us in that primary, but it doesn't make a difference. By the end of those two hours I was wiped out, as if I had watched Alex by myself for an entire weekend or as if I had crammed all of the energy I spend studying for 60 hours during the week into those two hours.

When the choice is between watching kids full-time and law school, I would choose law school every time. It is much easier. I can barely move my fingers to type this.

1 comment:

Mana and Papa said...

Primary is a physically demanding calling. When I taught Primary I was very Tired by the end of the meetings. But it is a great place to be.