Alex Speak is what this post is about:
1) The other day I was sitting in the chair feeding Rebekah and Alex was playing with a toy, which he dropped and then said, "Day-mit!" I was shocked! Then, I realized as he continued to repeat himself with a satisfied grin on his face, he was trying to "Dang It!" Too close for comfort as far as I'm concerned, so we will stick with me trying not to say Dang It around him. I don't really want him to stand up during sacrament meeting and yell, "Day-mit!" at the top of his lungs. Nope, I don't really think that would be so good.
2) We were saying prayers before lunchtime and after I said, "Amen," he started fake snoring and said, "Mommy, I fell asleep."
3) He was being super funny and I said, "Alex, you crack me up."
His reply: "HA! I crack ME up!"
4) I was trying to get him to try Kiwi fruit and this was our conversation:
Me: Alex please taste it. It tastes like candy.
A: Oh, I want candy!
Me: No, you need to try the Kiwi before you can have any candy.
A: Okay, I try it.
He proceeds to put it in his mouth and squish it around while making a face and saying, "Ew, it's yucky. Please I can spit it out?"
Me: No Alex, you need to chew it and swallow it.
A: Okay (followed by yucky faces and gagging he forces himself to swallow it) THEN:
A: Okay, I want my candy now. :o)
5) When we knelt to have family prayer this morning this was our conversation with Alex:
J: Alex, please kneel for family prayer.
A: I'm too big for prayer.
J: Please fold your arms for prayer Alex.
A: I'm to big for fold my arms.
J: Alex please close your eyes for prayer.
A: I'm too big for close eyes.
J: Okay Alex, we are going to pray now.
A: No Prayers!!!!
Is this a bad sign? Hmmmm? Maybe someday he'll love to pray.
6)The other day he got frusterated and threw down what he was playing with.
Me: I just looked at him with a dissapointed look on my face and said nothing.
A: I'm sorry mommy, I lost my temper.
7) Alex does this thing where if you ask him a question that he intends to reply yes to, instead of simply saying, "yes," he repeats the entire question back to you all while nodding his head vigorously up and down. We were at the doctor last week for Rebekah and Dr. Gordon was asking him all sorts of questions to which he replied as explained above. She then said (while nodding her head like he does): "Wow, you are very good at repeating. That is very important for your development isn't it." To which he replied:
"Yes, that is very good for my development isn't it." :o)
8) Last night we were reading the scriptures as a family and he said, "It's Alex's turn." So, he grabs the scriptures from Joseph and looks at them as if to read them, and says, "And it came to pass dat in da blah blah blah." It was hilarious.
9) And our favorite of all
When you whistle at him, he replies with:
"Ohhhh, stop"
10 comments:
I laughed out loud. he is definitely your child! Keep laughing, it will only get better (or worse, however you want to look at it).
Love ya,
Lindsey
Is Rebekah making a progress? Or is the poor wittle thing still feeling miserable? I hope all is well! Stay warm!
What a funny kid, I can't believe they can be even more entertaining when they can talk. How fun!
Wow, he sounds so old and grown up!! I love this stage of kids, they're so funny!!
That is so cute!!!!! I love the response to the doctor.
Yeah for funny moments. These made me laugh, thanks for sharing. Thanks also for your comments on my blog. We definitely need to get together for a picture.
Those are hilarious. My fave is the "I lost my temper." I wonder where he's heard that! lol! I think I need to start keeping track of all the ridiculous things my Alex says too. On btw, my Alex pulls the same thing at prayer time too.
Kids! Michaela has one she says all the time, completley on accident, but I won't post it on here! I like his response to the doctor!
What a funny little guy! It's so much fun when they start talking so much!
Thanks for sharing all those fun sayings...we had some good laughs. Alex is too cute! We're excited for you guy to move to Arizona this summer, we'll have to get together (I think we'll be close enough).
Post a Comment