Today when I was laying Alex down for his nap, the following happened:
He was already in bed and I put his blanket over him.
He springs up and says,
"Oops. I forgot to pray mommy!"
Me: "Okay, do you want to say it?"
A: "Yes." (he then kneels by his bed and folds his hands)
He proceeds with no help from me at all and says:
"Dear Father. Thank Thee for take big long nap. Thank Thee for after big long nap I watch a show about Elmo and other monster guys. Thank Thee for Rebekah sleeping. Name Jesus Christ, Amen."
___________________________________
This is funny too, so I have to share it: Last night while Alex and I were making Mickey Mouse pancakes and I needed to fry them, he was helping me by "washing dishes." I turned away from him and a second later he tapped me on the back and handed me my sopping wet cookbook with a big grin on his face and says, "Look mommy, I washed it for you!"
P.S. Rebekah rolled from her tummy to her back today. She is only 2 months and 5 days old!! Should I be worried? I mean, I left her for like 15 seconds and she was securely on her tummy trying to look up at a toy in front of her. I came back in and she was happily cooing . . . clearly on her back. It could be a fluke.
3 comments:
That is so cute. What a sweet boy.
HEIDI!!! YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD MOMMY!!! I love these stories...seriously, in my next life I'm going to be you OK?? I love what a sweet boy you have.
Ok, and I was just checking out all your sidebars, and Rebekah became a total real person to me just now. That picture of her is sooo cute, I LOVE IT!
That is so funny, kids crack me up :) I was laughing so hard at the Day-mit! It reminded me of a couple weeks ago Evan started saying sit, and telling everyone to Sit! Only it sounds like he's cursing over and over again :) I'm sorry I haven't responded to your email, I'm still thinking about it and looking into it :) If you lived close to us, you could use me for a car whenever. Just a thought.
Post a Comment