Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Promised Pictures: Warning (Picture Overload)

We took soooooo many pictures over the break that I had a hard time deciding. So, there are a lot here: I hope you enjoy them.

Alex on Christmas morning holding his Sweet Tart Candy Cane. Can you tell he likes candy? His favorite present of all was his present from Santa (A new Wiggles DVD). Can you see the admiration in his eyes? No, he does not have an owie on his head. He just likes to wear Band Aids.
After present opening was over, we went over to the Justensens and went sledding. Alex doesn't know it yet, but this may be his future wife. Her name is Aubrey. Isn't she cute?! :o)Mana and Papa came for Rebekah's blessing shortly after Christmas and brought him an apron, Elmo slippers and some great books. He loves his Mana!Here he is with his Apron and Chef's hat taste testing the bread dough he and Mana made. Now for Rebekah's Christmas debute. She is all dressed up in her reigndeer gear. Opening her first Christmas present. She looks like she is enjoying it don't you think??We have a tradition to get our kids a 1st Christmas bear with the year stitched on the foot. I think she is scared of her bear.We got her a warm winter hat as her present from us. Pink! I think she likes it?? I just thought her face was funny in this.Our little family the morning before Rebekah's Baby Blessing. A baby blessing is when a new baby is given a name and a blessing and then her name is put on the records of the church. She will be baptized when she is 8 years old and can understand better the decision she is making. Her baby blessing was so special and I can't wait for her to read my notes from it when she is older. My mom made her beautiful dress. I was going to, but that obviously didn't happen. So pretty in her dress. Look at her puffy sleeves! For those who love Anne of Green Gables as I do, you will understand how very important puffy sleeves are!
Streeeeetching!
Already posing for the camera. Like her mom. Strangely enough, when I am all done up, I love the camera!
With her Uncle Nate. He took a lot of the beautiful pictures of Alex and Rebekah, including the new ones we have posted on our sidebar. I wish we had space to put all the ones he took on here. We sure do miss him! My kids LOVED him!
You can see why Alex loved him. They called this, "Alex Sandwich!!" Nate would get him rolled up like that and then shake him down until he fell out of the bottom.
Alex was teasing Nate when he was trying to say goodbye to him. The last week of our vacation, we met Mom and Dad Miller in Nauvoo. It was seriously the BEST trip! We wanted to stay longer. At the visitors center, they had a Mormon Tabernacle Choir display and they had this thing where you choose a song and you can conduct the choir. If you stop swinging the baton, they stop singing. So cool. Alex loved it!Alex and Rebekah with Mana and Papa our last day in Nauvoo. Our kids have been blessed with the best grandparents . . . on both sides.

7 comments:

Jared & Tristan said...

Rebekah looks so much like Alex in the "streeeetching" picture!
I love the family picture from Rebekah's baby blessing. You look gorgeous :) Glad you had such a great break!

Deanna said...

Her blessing dress is gorgeous! What a beautiful family!

Jed said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. I am so glad your parents and family got to come for the blessing. And, good job on the weight loss!!!

Tawnya said...

That was me leaving a comment, not jed. Sorry.

Aggieland Mom said...

Those picture are gorgeous!! I love all of them. You guys are so photogenic! I LOVE the one on the top and the ones of the kids on the side!!

Kari said...

I love all the pics Heidi! Looks like you guys have been busy! So fun to read and catch up on you and what you have been up to. I can't believe how big Alex uis getting and I love those blessing pictures of little sweet Rebekah! What a beautiful dress!! Miss you tons!

Sheila said...

Oh Heidi....that dress!!! SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Your mom did such a great job on it!! Uhhh, someday I'll have a girl...think good thoughts! Great pictures of Alex. So cute.