Friday, January 02, 2009

I Actually WANT to be a LOSER!!

My amazing friend Angela recently finished a "Biggest Loser" competition with some girls around the US and WON! Now she is hosting another that will begin on January 6th and go through March 3rd. Since I had a baby 6 weeks ago and have been given the go ahead to return to "normalcy," I am going to enter the competition!!! The person who has lost the highest percentage of body weight at the end of 8 weeks wins a pot of money provided by a pool of money from all of the participants. I am SO excited!!!

I wanted to put this on my blog so that ANYONE who wants to be in our competition can join. There is still time. We don't start until Tuesday, so if you are interested let me know by commenting on my blog.

Here are some details about it (Copied from the email Angela sent out to those participating):

* Competition starts on Tuesday, January 6th (same day as new season of "The Biggest Loser")
* Competition will last 8 weeks
* Every contestant must send in a check of $20 to me by January 12th that will make up the prize money.
* You must give me your starting weight by midnight on the 6th, Pacific Standard time, (This will not be shared by me at any time during or after the competition.)
* Starting weight must be a true weight - no water weight, or other false adjustments to weight. * Every Tuesday there will be a weigh-in which needs to be submitted by midnight for it to count for the week.
* Depending on the size of the pot, there will be a weekly or semi-weekly winner as well as an overall winner. Amount will be determined once we know how much money we have to work with.
* Winners will be determined by percentage of weight lost (weight lost divided by starting weight).

She has also started a blog where we can give and receive tips, ideas, motivational quotes, etc.

I am super pumped for this, so if you want to join, let me know ASAP!!

No comments: