Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

This was a landmark Thanksgiving for me as it was my first to completely make on my own. From the Turkey to the pie. I did it all. It was actually fun. Exhausting. But fun. My brothers came to town for it and it was so great to have them here. My kids are sad they are gone, but I think they are even more sad that Nate's dog, Boots, is gone. They loved having a dog in the house.
The photo I got of the table with all the food on it didn't come out well, so here's the Turkey. :) It was a 20 pound beast.  I cannot even begin to explain the amount of meat that we got off of this thing. I honestly could have fed 25 adults. Easily.  And for my own record, we also had, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, candied yams, nutty bacon green beans, rolls, and pretzel jello salad. For dessert we had apple pie, berry pie, and two pumpkin pies. I think I gained 10 pounds this weekend.

3 comments:

Liesl Joy said...

Turkey looks beautiful! From what our brother have said, you did an awesome job on your first Thanksgiving dinner. Are those my candied yams you did??

Kim Butler said...

That looks like a Martha Stewart cake! Beautiful. You did make a Feast!

Stephany said...

You did all that with a baby??? And 3 other kids??? How in the world?!!??
It looks great and sounds great. Wish I could have been there!