Monday, February 14, 2011

Adults Can Have Fun Too

I think we all know that this blog is really so that family and close friends who aren't near us can see our kids growing up, see what they do each day, etc, etc. BUT, us adults . . . you know the parents . . .we have fun too. We are important too! :)
It took Joseph over 5 years to get me to finally play this game with him. I don't usually care for games like Monopoly, Settlers of Catan, etc. Call me lazy or whatever, but man . . . you have to think to much in those games! :) Anyway, this game, Cashflow, was so fun! Probably more so because I was a lowly secretary and Joseph was an attorney and I whooped up on him making millions in assets before he even got out of the Rat Race. This makes no sense to you if you haven't ever played, but believe me, it is fun. This game has filled up some evenings for us going far too late into the night. 

Since we pretty much plan on losing our power about once a month here in good ol' Maryland, we have tried to make it fun. A few weeks ago when we had a "big snowstorm" (of 4 inches . . .HA!) we lost our power again . .. this time for a day and a half. Anyway, the snow was falling and Joseph went to take the trash out. He didn't return, didn't return. I looked out the window and saw this....he was building a snowman. By himself. At 11:00 pm. 

In keeping with one of my goals, I have been trying new healthier recipes each week. This is one called Quinoa Stuffed Peppers. SO GOOD! Pretty too. 

2 comments:

Liesl Joy said...

Mmmm, the peppers look delicious, and Joseph, you are awesome!! I love the four layer snowman!

Kari said...

Okay, Mark would probably LOVE that game too. He is big into games like that and always drags me into them. Haha! But it's funny how after we woop their butts in the games they suddenly become more fun!!