Monday, February 14, 2011

Random Things I Want to Remember

I feel like my kids are growing up so quickly. It seems faster every day! The weeks fly by, they notice new things, say new things, understand new things, relationships form, etc, etc. It is so fun . . . and a little sad too. One of my favorite things to watch is the relationships of my kids becoming more and more solid. Alex is an ever devoted protector of his sisters. No one messes with them. Rebekah looks up to Alex in every way. We often hear her say, "Just yike Alex Mommy! Just yike Alex!" She also loves to tease him, but nothing makes her happier than when Alex plays with her. Kaitlyn adores the both of them and tries with all of her energy to keep up with them. She is even beginning to join in on some good old wrestling. I am trying to catch as much as I can. Here are a few of my latest catches:
Loves to match Daddy's clothes as often as possible

Usually when there is complete silence wherever the kids are, I worry. This time they proved me wrong. I was in the kitchen making dinner and when I went in to check on them . . . this is what I found . . . them, dressed in costumes and reading peacefully on the floor. So precious.

It made me want to scoop them up and squish them. I love these kiddos.
There really is nothing more precious than seeing a small child soaking it all in.....

When I can't take them to the snow . . .I bring the snow to them. They loved this.

My little cowboy and cowgirl. 
I have been finding them like this more and more lately. Even though these two do fight . . . often . . . they love each other more than anything. I thought this was so sweet.
Builder
I am pretty sure they were wishing beyond hope that it was finally warm enough to go out and play . . . it wasn't. 
Who knew you could have such fun with laundry baskets? 
He is Bambi's father here . . . The Great Prince of the Forest. 
He is Nephi of The Book of Mormon. Nephi is one of Alex's Heros

Another version of Nephi. When he was wearing this he asked me, "Mommy why did Nephi wear a skirt?" Try explaining that to a 4 year old.


And I couldn't end without a couple of videos of the girls. The first is of Kaitlyn and her hilarious "O" face. We think she is trying to copy our excited open mouthed face that we do at her all too often. The video is really dark, but hopefully you can see it a bit.The second is of Rebekah and her new found love of "Rinas." That is Ballerina in Rebekah language. She is darling. I love it.

No comments: