Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Love Day

I am not usually into Valentine's Day. Mostly out of laziness and not wanting to do much for a holiday so shortly after Christmas and close to another birthday in the family. Either way, that all changed this year. Turns out we have a little Cupid in the family who shot us all with love darts this year. His name is Alex and to sum up his love for Love Day, he said at the end of today, "Mommy, when is it going to be Valentine's Day again?" I said, "Not for another 365 days." He responded with bitterness in his voice, "Ugh! That long!!!!"
Making Valentine's for his preschool class. He was so excited about these and sounded out all 14 names and wrote them on the back of every valentine. He even made one fore Buddy, their class Gerbil.
Heart shaped pancakes at breakfast

Also, not pictured, we had heart shaped sandwiches for lunch. They thought that was too cool. :)
Can you feel the love?
As named by Alex, "Brother Bear and Sister Bear," and some kisses.
Daddy made them each an origami love note. He is so creative. Each flap they opened had something he loved about them. I guess work was slow today... :) 

And to round off the night . . . Heart shaped pizza . . . requested by Cupid himself. 
The best surprise of all though was that Joseph told me he has lined up a babysitter (my friend Amber . . . THANK YOU AMBER! You are so brave) for Friday night so that he and I can go on a real date! We haven't been on a real date (as in out of our house without kids and not to the temple) since September when we went out for our Anniversary. Thank you honey. Will you be my Valentine?

2 comments:

Liesl Joy said...

LOVE the heart shaped pancakes and pizza!! I wish I had thought of that! Alex and Rebbecca are so adorable sitting on the couch together. Treasure Alex's sweetness, because in a few years he won't want his sisters touching him!

Kari said...

You are seriously the best mom!! Love that you took all the time to make LOVE day so fun for the kids! My kids were thank goodness, happy enough with their valentine's from school and some yummy cookies after dinner. haha! :) I'm having issues finding any kind of energy these days to be a fun mom...hmmm...maybe its this enormous belly and baby that won't come out of me!!!!!