I am fairly certain that just about every person who reads this blog either has children or will have children and is at least somewhat if not VERY MUCH concerned for their children's education.
Joseph and I just watched the new documentary out called, "Waiting for 'Superman'." The movie is all about our public education system, and it is not only not boring at all, but very very thought provoking, maddening, and inspiring. Here is a link to more about the movie. http://www.waitingforsuperman.com/
Redbox has it for $1 per night. GO GET IT!!!!
Michelle Rhee, a huge advocate of changing the face of America's educational system, has tried to do a lot to make a movement. The movie tells more about her ideas . . .which are seriously so smart . . . but here is her website as well if you are interested. http://www.studentsfirst.org/
I hope that anyone and everyone out there who is concerned for their children's education will hop on board with this movement. You will know what I mean when you watch the film.
Happy Learning!
1 comment:
You are at least the second person to recommend that documentary... I'll have to try to convince Ben to watch it.
Post a Comment