This is the second child with which I have used Toilet Training in Less Than a Day. It went well for Rebekah too. However......I knew going into it that the lovely qualities she received from me would make our training experience . . . well . . . different . . . from the one I had with Alex. She is stubborn and too busy to stop for anything. These two qualities are things I like about her, but that make toilet training . .. ..ummmmm . . . . not as fun as I would like it to be. :)
We began training Rebekah on the 15th of January 2011. She did so great all morning. She was "trained" according to the book's standards. Not according to mine. She took a nap. The rest of the night was bad. The whole following week was bad. The week after that was not as bad. The week after that was better. And now, 3 1/2 weeks later, the only bump we have to get over is wetting at night and the occasional wet because she didn't want to stop playing to go potty . . . even I struggle with that sometimes. ;) Not the wet pants, but the almost wet pants.
We are so proud of her! Whenever she has to go now, she says, "I go potty!" Then we try to follow her into the bathroom to help (since she uses the regular toilet) and she turns and says, "STAY!" Meaning that she wants us to stay where we are and NOT follow her.
Her very favorite thing is to make "Poo Poo Rocks." The first time she went #2 in the toilet she looked at it amazed and said, "What's dat Rock!?" I tried to explain to her what it was and she just kept calling it "Poo Poo Rocks." So now, that is what we call it around here. She looooooves to make poo poo rocks and insists on calling Joseph at work every time she does! ha!
We have yet to do her Potty Graduation like we did for Alex, but we will do it soon.
| See Mommy! Big Girl Undies!! |
| Cute buns. Love em! |
| "Hmmmm. I think I'll fill out some of the potty charts too..." |
4 comments:
HA!!! I love it!! You made undies for the stuffed animal...I so have to do that now :) (except 12 pairs like my book says, right??)
GOOD JOB BEKAH!! I hope your friend harrison can join you in the PT world soon!! (ish... :))
So when Hannah gets to that age you'll have to potty train her. Amazing Heidi! Amazing!
We do that book too!! Congrats on the success! Jordan has been way different than Justin, but I guess that's how it always goes!
And I totally wait till the VERY last minute to pee too...I totally get it! LOL
Post a Comment