Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Move From . . .

Well . . . if you read my post Saga, you already know where the move was from. :)

July 19-26ish 2010
On the Monday before we moved I was going crazy trying to get everything done so my angelic forever friend practically sister Nicole took my kiddos for me most of that day. They did not want to come home when it was time. They always have so much fun over there. This is Alex, Rebekah, Ivy, and Alex.
My kids are looking at the camera like . . . Nicole, you are our favorite. :) And really . . . she is the only person Rebekah would go to other than me during her clingy stage.
This was the day before we moved. Yet again, Nicole was watching our kids. She got these wonderful shots of the boys on their bikes . . . this was their favorite pastime together. They probably rode up and down that sidewalk in front of our houses a thousand times or more.
Just being goof balls and flexing. I love these boys.

Note: The morning of this day (the day before our move), our friends the Hachtmans took Rebekah to the library while our friend Angela Howard took Alex with her and Izzy to the library. We are blessed with sooo many angels in our lives. Sooo many. Great. Now I am crying. Moving on.
I think this was taken the week before we moved, but I thought it was cute because Rebekah has this little shy smile on her face. She has a little crush on Alex C. She laughed at everything he did and just wanted to follow him around everywhere. So darling. Here's hoping they fall in love someday. This is the night before we moved. We had picked up the moving truck and were getting ready to load it. Who needs a playground when you have an empty moving truck??

Once the men needed to begin loading, we needed the kiddos out of the way, so we got out the little pools that Nicole has and let the kids play. Jake Black and Izzy Howard were there too. It was so fun.

Eventually it got too late for pools and I was having a breakdown because our truck was too small, my girls were tired and I knew I was facing an all nighter of finishing touches on packing . . . soooo Angela and Nicole took my kids and got them ready, folded my loads of laundry and took care of Alex while I got my two girls to bed. Angels yet again. This is Izzy, Alex and Alex ready for bed and chillin to a show.
Here we are in all our glory. It is late. It's time to say goodbye to people who are more like family than friends. I have been crying. Need I say more? These are some of the brave souls who made our moving truck look like a game of Tetris. Thanks guys and thanks to those who are not pictured here too. I do not know how you managed it. The Courtrights and the Howards got up bright and early at 6 something am to come out and say goodbye and see us off. They are so dear to us. Angela and I didn't want to ball like babies again, so we just waved a quick last goodbye from the porch. :) These two boys were so cute. I broke into tears when I said good bye to little Alex. He has been such a best buddy/brother to our Alex. We miss you soooo much!!!!!! He has said so many times, "Mommy, when can we go back to Iowa and see Alex Courtright?" or "Mommy, can we mail this to Alex Courtright?" He made a HUGE leaf picture out of real leaves and he wanted to mail it to A.C. Breaks my heart right in half.
The first day we drove about 12 hours and made a stop in Columbus, Ohio to stay two nights with my sister Tammy and her family. We had soooooo much fun there! We got to go on some bike rides with the kids, eat yummy ice cream, and go to a park. It was such a nice visit. I can't wait to come again!!! Love you Tammy wammy!
This park by her house was so cool. The kids has such a good time. It was a great way to get all their wiggles out before we had another day of driving. Finally we arrived at my sister Kim's house in Glen Burnie, MD. She lives about 45 minutes from where we now live in Silver Spring. We stayed there the night before we had to unload the truck. Well, actually all in all with losing power three times since we have been here, we have actually stayed with her for about 7 or 8 days total. :) Again, see my post entitled Saga if you want to know all the gory details of our move. Anyway, my sister runs a daycare in her home, so she has tons of toys. My kids were in HEAVEN. This little guy is Jayden. He is my sister's grandson. They are close in age and they LOVE playing together. I am so glad he has a little friend here . . . I just wish they lived next door. My sister also has a hot tub. They use it as a mini pool in the summer. :) That is my mom holding Jayden's little sister Tilly. These kids are so darling. And now, we are moved into our place and life is calming down, but I must show you how we all coped with all the stress of this move. Rebekah will demonstrate. Clue: Look at the goo on her face. . .then watch the video below

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Wow Heidi...wow!! GREAT update...FINALLY!! It's so nice to see pictures of you guys! SO glad most of this is behind you and you can move fwd. The couple of days I was visiting DC, we saw so much cool stuff. I have a feeling that with time you guys will get to explore it all!! FREE ZOO??? THAT'S SOOO COOL!

Aggieland Mom said...

You are so sweet, you make me sound a lot better than I am! Geesh! =) Glad to see all the updates and pictures. I love the one of the Alex's in their pjs saying goodbye! Totally jealous Jami got to see you...