Monday, August 30, 2010

Trial Run to DC Zoo

Two Saturdays ago, the 21st, we forged out on our first outing to DC. It was a trial run just to make sure our idea of trying to do something fun in or around DC every weekend that we can would actually be possible with three little ones.

Well, I have good news folks. It was not only possible, it was fun!! We went to the DC National Zoo. Free admission. Awesome. Definitely a perk about living here. The kids loved the drive there, the metro ride in, the animals . . . everything. We were there all day and they were so good. Their favorite part by far was watching the Orangutans, so I downloaded this picture of Bonnie the Orangutan off of the Zoo's website. They were so fun to watch. Every time we go into the city to play, I think . . . "this place is SO cool."

The other perk we have is that Joseph's work let's us park at the courthouse . . . for free . . . whenever we want to go downtown and do something. Thank you nice security people! I will send cookies often. :)

1 comment:

Aggieland Mom said...

I wish we could come visit! I'm glad the outing went well. Love the picture at the top. Btw, Sarise had her baby this morning!