Yesterday afternoon, Sunday the 29th, we went over to the Washington DC Temple Visitors Center. They have a really amazing sculpture display there right now that teaches of the Savior's Life. We only live about 10 minutes from the temple, so we feel very lucky. When you walk into the visitor's center, you see this beautiful Statue of the Savior. The kids were sweet as they climbed up and touched his feet. Don't worry, the sister missionaries gave them permission. :)
This is as you walk out of the statue part they have all of these amazing displays of the Savior and of the History of the restoration of the Gospel. They even have a Family History room where you can watch the LDS commercials and it is all decked out to look like a real person's home. Very cool.
We really had a nice time there and the kids didn't want to leave. I think we will go often. It is a really nice Sunday afternoon outing.
And on another note. I just had to share something cute Alex said today.
An ambulance went by us and I asked Alex if he knew what the people were called who drove the ambulance and what they do. He said no, so I went into explaining EMT and what I know about their job. This conversation ensued:
M: Do you think that would be a cool job?
A: Well, I do think it would be cool, but I already want to be a fire fighter, a karate guy, an airplane pilot, an astronaut, a scuba diver, a builder, a soccer player, a basketball player, a football player, a trumpet player, a super hero, and a go to school like Daddy . . . soooo, I just think being an EMT too would be too busy for me.
M: Yeah. That does sound pretty busy. Soo, Alex, why do you want to go to school like Daddy?
A: Well, I think school is a good place to learn letters and words and numbers and lots of good things to make me smart.
M: Why do you think it is good to learn those things?
A: Well, I think it is good because letters and words are special things that help us learn that we are all the same even though our skin is different colors.
And on another note. I just had to share something cute Alex said today.
An ambulance went by us and I asked Alex if he knew what the people were called who drove the ambulance and what they do. He said no, so I went into explaining EMT and what I know about their job. This conversation ensued:
M: Do you think that would be a cool job?
A: Well, I do think it would be cool, but I already want to be a fire fighter, a karate guy, an airplane pilot, an astronaut, a scuba diver, a builder, a soccer player, a basketball player, a football player, a trumpet player, a super hero, and a go to school like Daddy . . . soooo, I just think being an EMT too would be too busy for me.
M: Yeah. That does sound pretty busy. Soo, Alex, why do you want to go to school like Daddy?
A: Well, I think school is a good place to learn letters and words and numbers and lots of good things to make me smart.
M: Why do you think it is good to learn those things?
A: Well, I think it is good because letters and words are special things that help us learn that we are all the same even though our skin is different colors.
1 comment:
Alex is such a smart boy! I've learned by asking Tyler questions like that, that he really is listening and more observant than I thought. You have sure been busy. I'm glad Joe likes his job. That makes a big difference!
Post a Comment