Alex got really into soccer this year. He asked to be on a little soccer team and LOVED it!! Some of you may remember that a couple of months before this I was on here asking for advice because my child was afraid to do anything in groups without me?? Well, soccer fixed that. It was like we just needed to find something HE chose and felt comfortable with and he just took off. He became so much more confident this summer.
I do have to say that I think the highlight of the two seasons of soccer we did this spring and summer was in one of last games second season. After watching the World Cup with his Daddy in June, he decided that Goalie is absolutely the best position ever. Unfortunately, the coaches of the little teams don't let the kids play positions and especially not goalie, so they kept coaxing him away fro the goal. Well, every time the ball headed down to his goal, he would sprint ahead and try to block the goal. Well, he finally got to block one and when he did he peeled off the feild as fast as ever all the while yelling, "Daddy, Daddy, I did it!!!! I blocked the goal!! I did it!! I did it!! I was golden and I . . .embarassingly enough . . . got tears in my eyes. Am I a pathetic soccer mom or what?
2 comments:
Ahhh, seeing all these posts just makes me miss you more. I hope your adjustment to MD is going easier! Did you know the Stokers just moved to DC? (VA side)
So great to see ALL these posts Heidi!! Welcome back to the "world" and we sure did miss you@!!! It's nice to see all the fun things you have been up to with your cute cute cute kiddos. I love it all and think that Rebekah and I would be great friends!!!
Post a Comment